Friday, April 30, 2010

Extra ketchup sauce, please. Oh, and chopsticks too.

Lorraine and I ate at a Chinese restaurant that was in a strip mall that was next to a store that was called:

Ask me how it went.

Well, we went into the restaurant, despite the signage next door, because of the menu posted in its window.  Here is the free-standing version, to double entice prospective patrons who make it through the front doors:


Special No. 2 is the ketchup sauce.

Here are the very important atmospherics that help create the enveloping experience of eating something you don't commonly cook in your home kitchen:




Oh.  I'm sorry.  These are items likely found in a big Rubbermaid container in my home basement.

Lorraine's heart-stopping meal:


Clockwise, from bottom: Sesame chicken, egg roll, steamed rice, absolutely no idea.

We were trying to beat Lorraine's husband in uncovering really good, unsung Asian restaurants in Aurora, Colorado strip malls.  (It is a somewhat narrowly defined competition, but we are competitive and particularly enjoy the odds of a very narrow playing field and really small group of contestants).

But I think we should re-jigger the contest: really bad restaurants with really bad signage,  really bad food that is even worse than what-could-be-worse-than-ketchup-sauce, really bad decor, and really bad Christmas trees.


Lorraine and I win!

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is hilarious!!! i love it.

    the picture of the sesame chix looks good actually.

    I have a funny story about chinese restarant decor unfit for print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you say 'hilarious', because I truly felt as if I were speaking/writing in Lex Loci Lori tongue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to tell you Lori that you are going to have to endure yet another blog about Ta Ling on my Denver Dives series...Melissa is trying to steal my blog-thunder!!

    ReplyDelete