Sunday, June 6, 2010

Old School Parenting

My friend and I were driving home from a PTO meeting (my first, her bazillionth) and we decided to go through the alphabet, listing our preferred approach to parenting.  I don't remember them all and I've added some new ones, even more extreme.  Please feel free to fill in words for letters that stump me.

Assault
Battery
Corporal
Draconian
E
Flogging
Garbage Duty
H
Incarceration
Jail
K
Manacles
No after dinner snacks
Only opinion that matters is mine
Punitive
Questions?  Didn't think so.
Restitution
Slavery
Tether
Unless you'd like  to find out
Veneration [of parent]
Whine free zone
Y
Zen-free zone


And now, excuse me, while I return to my parenting primer authored by one Charles Dickens.





2 comments:

  1. E - Electroshock therapy (for parents usually, because they drive us to the sanitarium, but sometimes kids need it too).

    H - "Have you ever heard of knocking? I'm in the bathroom!"

    K - "Keep it up...let's find out how that goes for you!"

    Y - Really, that is a good question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. E = Ear Twisting (a personal fave)

    H = Hog Tie

    K = Karate

    Y = Yodel (kid's name)

    I could do this all day : )

    ReplyDelete